Oct 18th, 2012
LAKE WALES – Edward W. Bok Academy will host STEM Week starting Monday (Oct. 22) and culminating with a big VIP day for community members and local educators on Thursday (Oct. 25).
STEM represents Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics, which are greatly valued at Bok Academy. STEM Week gives Bok’s teachers and students a chance to publicly demonstrate the creative ways the school focuses on STEM education.
Bok’s integration of STEM into regular middle school instruction includes:
- Flight simulation lab
- Student-built scale models of buildings
- Floating classroom initiative
- Honors Algebra and Geometry (high school-level courses)
- Rocketeers rocket program
- Robotics (student-built robots)
- Neural headsets
- Science probes and pH/water tests
- Student-led research on iPads
To visit Bok Academy as a community member on Thursday, please RSVP to Tami Lefstead at firstname.lastname@example.org or 863-638-1010 x226.