Dec 6th, 2012
LAKE WALES – Families packed the Janie Howard Wilson “science center” last week (Nov. 27) for a fun Science & Technology Night.
Students and parents engaged in hands-on engineering programs designed by the Orlando Science Center. Activity stations included:
- Bernoulli’s Jets: defying gravity using the Bernoulli principle
- Sail Cars: creating a vehicle to travel using wind energy
- · Think for a Robot: programming robots
- Skyscraper 101: constructing buildings
- · Roller Coaster Engineering
- Arches: testing the strength of different types of arches
PHOTO #1: Fourth grader Taylee Britt and her father work on their arch. Taylee was the lucky winner of four tickets to the Orlando Science Center.
PHOTO #2: Second grader La’Tray Boldin works on his roller coaster.
PHOTO #3: Fifth grader Dawson Talmadge and his father build a skyscraper.