Each year, our elementary schools schedule a “Kindergarten Roundup” registration in April.
To determine which school you are zoned for, use the “Find Your Zone” tool at
www.polk-fl.net/schools/zf.asp or check with the closest school.
Entrance Requirements for Kindergarten
- Must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2012. NO early entry for Kindergarten.
- Legal certificate of birth. (A hospital certificate isn’t acceptable.)
- Physical examination dated within 12 months of Aug. 20, 2012 (first day of school).
- Florida Certificate of Immunization blue or white form (required by Florida Statute 1003.22) that shows: DTaP (5 doses); MMR (2 doses); Hepatitis B (3 doses) given over 6-month period; Varicella (2 doses); Polio (4 doses OR 5 doses required if fourth dose was administered before child’s 4th birthday – this was a new requirement effective for 2011 kindergarten entry in State of Florida).
- Social Security number.
- Two proofs of residency (e.g. voters registration, utility bill, rent receipt, mortgage papers).
Families can begin the registration process during Kindergarten Roundup, but all entrance requirements (physical exam and immunizations) must be complete before school begins on Monday, Aug. 20, 2012.
Requests for specific teachers won’t be accepted. Please allow our school leadership teams to place your child in the classroom where we think he/she can be most successful. At some point, each new kindergarten student will be given a 10-15 minute “Kindergarten Screening” to help us learn more about your student’s abilities and readiness to start school. Most children think this screening is fun!