Mar 19th, 2013
LAKE WALES – Kindergarten Roundup for all Lake Wales Charter Schools will be April 22-26.
Families with children entering kindergarten in August are strongly encouraged to visit their zoned school or nearest school now to register for the 2013-2014 school year. Early registration helps schools plan for the coming school year. Check with individual schools during regular school office hours.
Dale R. Fair Babson Park Elementary Phone 678-4664.
Hillcrest Elementary Phone 678-4216.
Janie Howard Wilson Elementary Phone 678-4211.
Polk Avenue Elementary Phone 678-4244.
To determine school zone, please call or visit the closest Lake Wales Charter Schools school office. State of Florida entrance requirements for Kindergarten are:
- Must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2013. NO early entry for Kindergarten.
- Legal certificate of birth. (A hospital certificate isn’t acceptable.)
- Physical examination dated within 12 months of Aug. 19, 2013 (first day of school).
- Florida Certificate of Immunization blue or white form (required by Florida Statute 1003.22) that shows: DTaP (5 doses); MMR (2 doses); Hepatitis B (3 doses) given over 6-month period; Varicella (2 doses); Polio (4 doses OR 5 doses required if fourth dose was administered before child’s 4th birthday – new requirement effective for 2011 kindergarten entry in State of Florida).
- Social Security number.
- Two proofs of residency (e.g. voters registration, utility bill, rent receipt, mortgage papers).
Families can begin the registration process during Kindergarten Roundup, but all entrance requirements (physical exam and immunizations) must be complete before school begins on Monday, Aug. 19, 2013.
FILE Photo: Hillcrest kindergarten students (Tera Dent’s class) pose in front of a school bus after washing it (Feb. 2013)
FILE Photo: Janie Howard Wilson kindergarten students (Oct. 2012)