Jan 25th, 2013
LAKE WALES – Open Enrollment for 2013-2014 for the Lake Wales Charter Schools system ends Monday, Feb. 4.
Open enrollment is for all new K-12 students. New students should apply, whether they live in-zone or out-of-zone for the school they wish to attend. Bok Academy middle school (grades 6-8) will hold Open Enrollment at the same time, but applications rules are slightly different for Bok, which doesn’t have a zoned population.
At each school, applications received by Feb. 4 will be entered into a lottery for seats in the 2013-2014 school year. In-zone students will be eligible for open seats, or a spot on the in-zone waiting list once grade-level space is full. Out-of-zone students are accepted when space is available, or assigned a waiting list. Kindergarten classes usually fill up first.
All LWCS schools accept applications throughout the year, but students who apply early – during Jan. 14-Feb. 4 open enrollment – may have an advantage, especially if their names are placed on waiting lists.
Bok Academy applications received by Feb. 4 will be eligible for open seats, or a spot on the waiting list once grade level space is full.
Applications must be sent by U.S. mail or hand-delivered to the school. Emails or faxes are unacceptable. Application forms are available at schools, and on school and LWCS websites (lwcharterschools.com/schools):
- Hillcrest Elementary, 1051 SR 60, Lake Wales, 678-4216
- Janie Howard Wilson Elementary, 306 Florida Ave., Lake Wales, 678-4211
- Polk Avenue Elementary, 110 E. Polk Ave., Lake Wales, 678-4244
- Dale R. Fair Babson Park Elementary, 815 N. Scenic Hwy., Babson Park, 678-4664
- Edward W. Bok Academy, 13901 Hwy. 27 South, Lake Wales, 638-1010
- Lake Wales High, One Highlander Way, Lake Wales, 678-4222